Wednesday 1 February 2012

Inspiring films and artwork

I'd really like to share a few video's that I recently came across, so without further ado!

Path of Hate - Damian Nenow



http://www.cgtantra.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=622&Itemid=35

I really love the style of this short animation, everything about it from the style to the editing and story. I so need to learn how to create this comic book style of rendering, it's so cool!

A Good Wife - W.Scott Forbes



http://vimeo.com/35108500

A really nice piece of work that makes you think a little. I had to watch this one a couple of times to really catch what was going on. What I personally love about this piece, is the visual style. Most of the film is made up of very simple paintings, with subtle animation applied, when stringed together creates a strong narrative. Just goes to show that you don't need crazy camera moves and dazzling effects to pull off a strong story. It's also inspiring to other artists, that you can create a successful film with very little animation skills.

On a later note, is it just me or do these two videos look strangely similar?! .. spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment