Thursday 2 February 2012

Thoughts of the day ...

So today, my thoughts once again turn to; I NEED TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT I CAN SELL!!!

I have so many ideas, I guess the biggest wall to overcome is deciding which idea to pursue first. My brain suffers from a bottle neck problem, there's way too much trying to get out at any one time, and before you know it all those ideas get squished into a murky pile of goo! So here's a few of my wild ideas;

Idea 1 - Create tutorials to sell on Turbosquid. There's a severe lack of tutorials relating to environments for film and TV, so does this mean there's a niche for this? or simply everyone already know's everything there is to know about the subject.

Idea 2 - Create animated environments and submit them to istockphoto. I've see a few examples of CG animated environments on istockphoto, and the quality usually suffers. So maybe if I submit some work to a professional level, they might see a use for that :)

Idea 3 - Interactive content / Indie game. Well this is definitely something I want to accomplish very soon, so Dave!!! Get started!! .... now .... stop writing ..... blah! who am i kidding.

Idea 4 - Make 3d Module assets for film and games. Connecting assets, ie; corridor sections, city blocks etc. Make more assets! I do wonder what HASN'T been created on turbosquid! I imagine everything by now.

I always feel one of the most valuable assets we have and can always sell is our knowledge and experiences. And i've spent the last 12 years amassing a lot of useless knowledge! So maybe i can have a knowledge garage sale! sell pieces of my brain!

More thoughts ...

Ipads and iphones make really crap controllers for 3d programs! Well, at least for now. I can see the potential, however for now, it aint working, there's way too much lag. Maybe when Apple decide to release the bluetooth functionality.

Another day in the rain, rain, rain ..

No comments:

Post a Comment